Sunday, November 25, 2012

i'm baaaack

I promise I have been working on quilts - I just haven't had time to blog lately!  After the craft show I took a day or two off and caught up around the house, which was much needed.


But then of course, I decided to start something new & these solids at my LQS caught my eye.  Also, they had a new notion, the Hex N More ruler, that I had read about on Julie's blog Jaybird Quilts.


I really like the ruler, it made cutting the half hexagons very quick work.  I had them all cut out in just over 2 hours.  I'm glad I had the foresight to realize that this layout was going to take me awhile, so I laid an old white sheet on my basement floor (don't you just love the orange shag carpet?) and have been rearranging the pattern for the past 2 weeks.  Just this afternoon I finally decided I've had enough & this is (hopefully) going to be the final layout.

I also spent the past 2 days using the long arm machine at Quilt-N-Kaboodle to finish quilting Ava & Ella's Christmas quilts.  More on that as soon as I get the bindings sewn on & pictures taken!

-V

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you have this laid out! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete