Thursday, May 2, 2013

slowly coming back...

I'm still feeling sick (it gets worse in the late afternoon / early evening), but after 3 months of no sewing, I finally felt well enough to try to work on a quilt.  (Sorry for the Instagram photo, I was too lazy to get my camera out....)


I'm making the Swoon quilt pattern using Vintage Modern by Bonnie & Camille.  This quilt will be for my best friend from college & her husband for their wedding.  Hopefully I can get it done in time ~ I have until August.  I *think* I have finally decided on the fabric combinations, as well as which fabric will be the center & which will be the "outside".  I also cut the pieces to make a practice block using 2 fat quarters from my half bundle that I am not using in the actual quilt.  I always like to make a practice block - especially for a pattern like this, to make sure I know what I'm doing before I cut into my fat quarters.  My LQS is almost out of this fabric, so I need to be very careful in my cutting!  Hopefully I will have that practice block done soon....

-V

No comments:

Post a Comment