Sunday, May 19, 2013

swoon practice block


So I finished my Swoon practice block (using Vintage Modern fabrics from Bonnie & Camille for Moda).  But I'm just not sure I love it.  Is it too busy?  Too much pattern?  Not enough color contrast or value contrast?  I don't know what it is, but so far, I'm just not loving it.... 

The 2 fabrics I chose for the practice block are my 2 least favorite fabrics from the fat quarter bundle I have, so maybe that is the problem?  And I'm also not sure I'm sold on the white background fabric....

Hmmm.....

-V

3 comments:

  1. I must get me some of this fabric! It is beautiful and I love the block, too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not liking that floral fabric with the gorgeous red fabric. For me they don't seem to go together. That's just my opinion though. I love the block pattern though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks bold and beautiful -- anyone can be plain #!}

    ReplyDelete