Friday, January 25, 2013

simply color + parisville table runner : finished



So this table runner has been finished for-freaking-ever!  It is almost sad how long it has taken me to blog about this one.  And the only reason it has taken me so long is because I was waiting to get good pictures of it.  Well, I have given up on that and decided to just go ahead with blogging about it, because at this point I won't get good pictures until spring if the weather continues on its current path!  It was -6 degrees Fahrenheit the other day with a real feel of -23.  So needless to say I am not going outside to take pictures of this table runner!


I made this table runner back in October & November.  You can read more about it here.  Basically, I used a charm pack of Simply Color (by V & Co for Moda) and cut each charm square into four 2.5" squares.  I cut into my stash of Parisville (by Tula Pink for Free Spirit Fabrics) to add to the size of the table runner.  The two fabric lines really look great together.  Kim (one of the owners of my LQS), quilted it on their long arm with a cross-hatch pattern using a grey thread.  I think grey might be the perfect neutral.  The quilting blends into the table runner very nicely, which is what I wanted given that the top already has a lot going on! 


I chose a fabric from Kate Spain's Cuzco line for the backing - called Cornflower City Gate.  I seriously love that fabric line!  I just need to find the time to use it on the front of a quilt instead of the back of a project like I have done twice now!  



For the binding I went with another fabric from the Cuzco line - this time Indigo Citadel.  The Cuzco line and the Simply Color line also complement each other quite well, so I chose to use this print for the binding rather than a fabric from Simply Color.  



This table runner is ultimately destined for Norway to brighten up a friend's table.  However, it got a little side tracked at my LQS.  They liked it so much that they asked if I would be willing to let them display it for a bit.

I'm finally caught up sharing all of my finishes with you!  I still need to finish my It's a Hoot quilt, but I am still stuck on choosing a backing.  I also started a Christmas / winter quilt in December that I had originally hoped to finish before the end of December.  That obviously didn't happen, so now I am hoping to finish it before the end of January....  So check back soon and hopefully I will have some progress to share with you!

Stats:
 Fabric:   Top - Simply Color (by V & Co for Moda) and Parisville (by Tula Pink for Free Spirit Fabrics)
                Batting - Warm & Natural
                Backing - Cornflower City Gate from Cuzco (by Kate Spain for Moda)
                Binding - Indigo Citadel print, also from Cuzco
Pattern: 2.5" squares (unfinished) patchwork
Dimensions: 20" x 42"
Started top: October 27th, 2012
Finished top: November 7th, 2012
Quilted: November 10th, 2012 on long arm at Quilt-N-Kaboodle by one of the co-owners, Kim Barrett, in a cross-hatch pattern
Made for:
display at Quilt-N-Kaboodle & ultimately a gift for a friend

-V

Linking up to Finish It Up Friday hosted by Amanda Jean @ Crazy Mom Quilts.
Linking up to Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday.
Linking up to Confessions Of A Fabric Addict.
Linking up to Richard & Tanya Quilts.   

6 comments:

  1. Love the colors that you put together for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, what a great small project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the table runner - and the fabric you chose for the backing is really gorgeous! I totally understand you do not want to take a picture outside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a very nice table runner. I really like the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valerie, that is just gorgeous! The colors are amazing - warm and rich! Whoop whoop!

    ReplyDelete